The Comprehensive training is our most extensive program and covers beginner, intermediate and advanced level exercises utilizing the Pilates apparatus – Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels, Ped-o-Pull and Magic Circle – as well as understanding how to work with Special Case clients (i.e. obesity, pregnancy, back problem, neck, knee, shoulder, etc.). You will continue to utilize and build the teaching tools learned during the Core Mat I & Core Mat II weekends. You will sharpen your eye for subtle exercise modifications and master the ability to work with people of all ages and fitness levels at the same time.
- Attend a minimum of 25 apparatus sessions with a classically trained instructor prior to the weekend**
- Complete the Power Pilates Core Mat I & Core Mat II trainings**
- Read The Pilates Primer: Millennium Edition - Return to Life Through Contrology and Your Health by Joseph Pilates**
- Complete a Basics of Anatomy workshop in-person or online. Workshop must have been completed no earlier than two years before the program start date.
- Memorize exercise names and order
- Practice teaching during weekends with fellow students
- Wear fitness clothing with Power Pilates logo while apprenticing in the studio
- Attend 5 weekend intensives
- Attend 24 hours of weekly meetings
- Attend 1 weekly Advanced Mat class (additional cost, discounts may apply)
- Attend 1 weekly apparatus session (additional cost, discounts may apply)
- Complete and pass all exams
- Observe Power Pilates instructors at training center, assist selected instructors, and practice teaching with fellow apprentices
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
- NYC: 6-9 months, 600 hours, including apprenticeship requirements and weekend intensives.
- Outside of NYC: 6-12 months, 600 hours, including apprenticeship requirements and weekend intensives.
- $4,995.00 for US programs, international pricing varies by location.
- Tuition includes the manual, weekend training, weekly meetings, exams, one retest if necessary, and apprentice hours spent observing, assisting, and practice teaching.
**Additional costs apply for prerequisites, supplementary classes and required reading