12 Day Comprehensive Intensive
The 12 Day Intensive is ideal for pilates instructors and students who have a strong classical pilates background and/or are at an intermediate/advanced level. This is the ideal program for Bridge participants to further develop teaching skills and confidence as instructors. You must be familiar with the apparatus (Reformer, Chairs, Cadillac and Barrels) as well as the sequence of the exercises. Essentially, this is the advanced format of the Comprehensive program. It includes the same manual, lectures, and exams, but is taught in a 12-day format as opposed to a 5-weekend format. Due to the advanced format, an audition may be required. Apprentice hours begin after the Intensive has been completed.
- Audition or receive approval from Power Pilates to register
- Complete the Power Pilates Core Mat I & Core Mat II trainings
- Attend a minimum of 25 apparatus sessions with a classically trained instructor prior to the weekend. Private or semi-private sessions are recommended.
- Read The Pilates Primer: Millennium Edition - Return to Life Through Contrology and Your Health by Joseph Pilates**
- Complete a Basics of Anatomy workshop within two years of the program start date. The Basics of Anatomy workshop may be completed at a Power Pilates Conference or online at Leaders in Fitness. College course work and other equivalent workshops will be considered as long as completed within the past two years.
- Review and memorize the Beginner System order of exercises and anatomy charts that will be sent to you in your registration confirmation email
- Memorize exercise names and order
- Practice teaching during weekends with fellow students
- Wear fitness clothing with Power Pilates logo while apprenticing in the studio
- Attend the 12 Day Intensive
- Attend 24 hours of apprentice meetings
- Attend 1 weekly Advanced Mat class (additional cost, discounts may apply)
- Attend 1 weekly apparatus session (additional cost, discounts may apply)
- Complete and pass all exams
- Observe Power Pilates instructors at training center, assist selected instructors, and practice teaching with fellow apprentices. 12 Day participants will need to complete 468 hours of apprenticeship. Bridge participants should consult the Bridge page for apprenticeship requirements.
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
- NYC: 6-9 months, 600 hours, including apprenticeship requirements and 12 Day intensive.
- Outside of NYC: 6-12 months, 600 hours, including apprenticeship requirements and 12 Day intensive.
- $4,995.00 for US programs, international pricing varies by location.
Please see our Bridge student page for Bridge pricing and requirements.
- Tuition includes the manual, training intensive, apprentice meetings, exams, one retest if necessary, and apprentice hours spent observing, assisting, and practice teaching.
**Additional costs apply for prerequisites, supplementary classes and required reading